Most of you will be in bed now (it is 11.25pm) but I just had to mention before I turn in for the night that I arrived home earlier to discover a message from Sue over at Our New Life in the Country saying she had nominated me for an award or two.
Of course I am highly delighted to accept even if my better half is slightly bemused by it all and is rather relieved that I do not have to have a new dress to collect it, and I am relieved I don’t have to make one of those famous red carpet appearances complete with thank you speech…you know the ones that go “I want to thank my long suffering partner for making all my meals whilst I blog, my mother for supporting me by doing all my washing and ironing and keeping me looking half decent whilst I blog, my teacher for persevering in teaching me how to spell so that my blog is legible, my cousins, neighbours, sisters, friends pet dog etc…”
But first I have to abide by the rules
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
I have posted a personal thank you on Sue’s blog but just in case an extra THANK YOU here to Sue for thinking of me.
2. Add the Lovely Blog / Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post
Done that as you can see above
3. Share 7 things about yourself – here goes
- Courtesy of Oxfam I have 3 goats and an Alpaca – they are called Arthur Goat, Annie Goat Giddy Goat and Alfie Alpaca.
- My better half and I own an acre of protected rain forest in Belize which we hope to go and visit one day.
- As Art students in Cheltenham in the early 1970’s we challenged ourselves to have a fully biodegradable, totally non-plastic kitchen (not a plasti-pot in sight) in order to prove that you can live without plastics.
- If we ever had a fire, after saving my better half and any children in the house, I would have to run back in to save my Journals.
- I have a wonderful collection of old postcards that I have been collecting now for 48 years. They range from pictures of seaside towns to concrete car parks and shopping centres; one or two have a famous autograph on the back. Friends who know me well join in and send me the most boring ones they can find whilst on their jollies. Sometimes the best bit about them is the ‘Wish you were here’ messages on the back.
- If I have to go more than 3 days without eating peas then I would get severe withdrawal symptoms.
- My dream is to own a small camper van and set off into the sunset of our twilight years and tour around the world
4. Pass the award onto 10 Nominees in no particular order as all the best shows say
- An Exacting Life – for being well… so exacting and funny with it
- Linden Grove – for her sense of spirituality, her creativity and her beautiful cat Gizmo
- My Little Red Suitcase – because I covet the fact that she can crotchet cushions to die for.
- Move to Portugal – because she motivates me to Sort, Simplify and Save
- The Happy Caravan – because I just love those old caravans
- Mad Maison – for her amusing musings
- Wondrissima – for I am wondering the exact same things and her photos are just beautiful
- Gardening Nirvana – because I am hoping she will come and sort out my garden for me!
- Lightly Crunchy because her humour and recent kids video are something else
- Beautiful Square Feet – because she has some great ‘Make do and Mend’ moments
There were so many many more and one or two that I know have already been named (Rusty Duck!) and some that have sadly retired from blogging for a while.
However if you are a chosen one and you already have this award or do not wish to accept then that is fine with me.
5. For those of you who accept here are your rules again…
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
6. Now all I have to do is pop over to each of you and leave a comment