This is an old recipe so still in ounces!
- 6oz margerine or equivalent
- 6oz castor or soft brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 10oz mixed dried fruits
- 2oz chopped dried apricots
- 2oz Glace cherries halved
- 8oz plain flour, seived
- 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 level teaspoon mixed spice
Place all ingredients together in a mixer or food processor except fruit. Mix well for 2-3 minutes then fold in the fruit.
Place in a greased and lined 7 inch round cake tin.
Bake in a pre-heated oven 170C /Fan 140C / 325F / Gas 3 on a middle shelf for 11/2 – 1 3/4 hours
Leave in the tin for 2-3 minutes then turn out onto wire tray to cool.