- 2oz 55gms organic butter or 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 baby leeks or 3 full length cleaned and sliced
- bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 4oz 115gms (approx) watercress (de-stalked) or mix of watercress, spinach, rocket chopped
- ground black pepper
- 11/2pints (850ml) vegetable stock (I use marigold organic low salt)
- 2 tblsp live yoghurt or creme frais (optional)
Melt butter or heat oil in a heavy based saucepan, add spring onions and leeks and cook for about 5 mins add sweet potato then finally the watercress. Season with black pepper and put lid on pan and sweat for about 10 mins.
Add stock replace lid and simmer for 15mins or until vegetables are quite soft. Cool a little then transfer 2/3rds to a blender and whizz. Return to saucepan and heat gently adding yoghurt or creme frais to taste if used, or swirl on top when soup is served in a bowl.
Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
This soup is crammed with vitamins and minerals.